A new revised test was originally scheduled to begin in December 2009. However, it has been postponed until 2010. The revised test will consist of five levels: N1, N2, N3, N4, and N5. N may be interpreted as being the first letter of either "Nihongo" ("Japanese") or "New".
- N1: generally the same as the original level 1; however, slightly more advanced
- N2: the same as the original level 2
- N3: in between the original level 2 and level 3
- N4: the same as the original level 3
- N5: the same as the original level 4
In addition, the tests will be offered twice a year: July and December. This will go into effect in 2009. The July test will only be offered for levels 1 and 2; by 2010, this will be only level N1 and N2.
Apparently 1kyu gets even harder. Better pass that 1kyu soon!
Sursa: forumul J.L.P.T.
Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum